Home    Ambient    Cerulean    MyGarmin

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I just found out sir. I remember the first time we met ... in RB 1042. I remember taking your multivariate stats course, the only course I had with you. You called me into your office after the first class. You said … and I quote … “I don’t like your attitude!” What you didn’t like was me chewing gum and drinking coffee during your class. So I stopped doing those things. It was a tough course, but you were always available to help. You offered to help with the stats on my thesis. I remember taking walks with you on the campus to talk about my numerical problems. You always had good advice. I remember playing squash with you. I remember drinking liquor with you in your office, from the bottle you hid in your desk. You never called me Frank. I never called you Tom. They don’t make them like you anymore sir. So very, very sad that you are gone. Rest in peace dear Herr Hazenberg.